Case Study: Emerson
Identify and develop its high-potential talent
With Emerson’s explosive growth in Latin America, the organization needed a way to identify and develop its high-potential talent throughout the region. They knew that to support their business growth, they would need to aggressively develop leaders in this fast-growing region.
While Emerson Latin America adopted proven development methods from other parts of their business, they partnered with Leadership Alliance for individualized feedback and development planning. Our work with Emerson comprised:
- Deploying our proven psychological assessment methodology to help these up-and-coming leaders understand their strengths and developmental needs.
- Using the competency-based tools of Korn-Ferry® to provide each participant with their own 360-degree feedback.
- Facilitating the feedback delivery and development planning process to help employees further hone their development needs.
- Over the past five years, over 200 high-potential managers throughout Latin America have participated in the three-module leadership development program.
- 79% of participants who have completed all three modules have been promoted.
- The organization’s senior management is confident that they can continue to staff leadership positions as the organization continues its rapid growth in the region.
Using Chapman & Co. testing has allowed us to get the hire right the first time, especially in screening sales candidates who work out in the field with a lot of autonomy. The reports are so accurate at describing the employee that it is scary. I highly recommend using their testing to truly understand the candidate you are considering hiring; you are sure to get much more out of the testing than what can be achieved from a traditional interview.
Employee Engagement Manager