By creating a robust mentoring process, a company has the unique ability to gain added value from their employees’ knowledge and talents. Many companies put in place home-grown mentoring programs that often end up floundering for several reasons. Mentor-Mentee matching is haphazard; the program is unstructured leaving all parties unsure of what to do and no measurement exists to gauge ROI.
The Chapman & Co. Leadership Institute mentoring process addresses all of these issues and includes a robust Mentor-Mentee matching process, Mentor-Mentee training, and role clarification to maximize success and mid-point and end-of-program evaluations.
The Benefits of Mentoring for Leaders and Future Leaders
A soundly built and well-run mentoring program benefits both the participants and the company in the following areas:
- Mentors grow in key leadership competencies, including developing others, providing direct, clear feedback, and becoming more self-aware
- Mentees more clearly understand and can better apply the firm’s norms, practices, and operating priorities
- Mentees boost their performance in management, technical, and relationship skills
- Both the Mentee and the Mentors’ job satisfaction is increased, reducing turnover
- The organization reduces the cost of learning or training by tapping existing resources
A successful mentoring program also increases your organization’s bank of hard-to-capture core knowledge. Your company becomes more focused and powerful as the norms and expectations that drive behavior are more widely disseminated.
Leadership Development Program
The best way to grow your team is by investing in the talent you already have.Learn More
Effective leaders are key to gaining a competitive edge.Learn More
Leadership Development Training
Provide your leaders with the training that enables people to succeed in the role of leadership.Learn More