Include (Virtual Class)
- DATE: May 21, 2020; June 4, 2020
- TIME: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- COST: $0
Inclusion is defined as the state of feeling like one belongs or is a part of a group, organization, or community. How would you describe the current culture in your organization? Do most people feel valued and that they belong? Do they believe they are seen and heard? Would you describe your current culture as inclusive?
According to Deloitte, “Organizations with inclusive cultures are 2x more likely to meet or exceed financial targets, 3x more likely to be high-performing, 6x more likely to be innovative and agile and 8x more likely to achieve better business outcomes.” Since culture is the sum of all behaviors, developing an inclusive culture starts with the individuals within the organization.
This virtual class will challenge the thinking about traditional diversity and inclusive training and focus on building relationships that can lead to a more inclusive culture. The class will include a combination of short lectures, videos, activities, and interactive software to keep participants engaged and leaving with tangible behaviors on how to be a more inclusive person and leader.
This virtual class will take place over two 2-hour sessions:
Session 1: May 21, 2020 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm CDT*
- Articulate the way we identify ourselves and others
- Consider our reaction to differences between people
- Understand the impact individual behavior has on whether people feel a culture of inclusion throughout the organization
- Learn behaviors that help us connect to others, that either encourage or discourage inclusion
Session 2: June 4, 2020 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm CDT*
- Understand what behaviors drive feelings of inclusion and the development of highly effective teams
- Examine team norms that encourage or discourage inclusivity
- Hone the skill of listening that helps people connect to one another
- Receive actionable tools and resources
Intended Audience: All employees
Duration: Two 2-hour sessions
“It enabled and empowered me to look at inclusion and diversity in a new and insightful way. There was very minimal discussion on race and more discussion on we are humans.”
“A refreshing take on how to create a culture of inclusion in any environment.”
“Each piece had a purpose so today was well done. I usually can’t sit this long but due to the engagement and skills taught, the day flew by. Awesome job!”
“It’s deeper and more inclusive than any other diversity and inclusion training I’ve been to. I won’t leave here feeling bad about self or things I have privilege to.”
*Between sessions participants will be asked to practice and apply the tools in a real-world application. Learning from that practice will be discussed at the beginning of Session 2.
We understand that schedules can quickly change, however, we ask that you make arrangements to be present for both dates as your attendance is expected at both sessions.